Thursday, December 31, 2009

Acknowledgements

It is the last day of the year 2009. Week and half ago my EVS project in Malaysia ended and I flew back to my home country Finland. I had an incredible experience in Malaysia. For that I have many people to thank.
  • PT Foundation and most importantly Raymond and Hisham for opening their home and life for me to take part. I definitely felt like a family member and will feel partly Malaysian rest of my life thanks to them.
  • Helsinki Youth Department and Sam taking good care of the project and worrying about me ;)
  • European Voluntary Service, Youth in Action and whole European Union for making this experience possible in the first place.
  • DAW. The whole group but most importantly our director Christopher Jacobs who taught me a lot. He trusted me to be able to do Shakespeare in English and co-direct 13-year-olds and so I did. Soon Heng and Kien Lee also deserve superb appreciation for lending a helping hand in the transportation, and for their guidance and friendship.
  • All amazing international friends: Nicholas, Veera, Celeste, Bettina, Lukasz, Clayton, Karolina, Julian, Guat Hong, Sandee, Sian Czhe, Rajibul, Jaja, Pallavi, Lotta, Riina, Farid, Qahar, Tapai, Hana and everyone I met and made me feel so welcomed.
Thank you! Terima Kasih! Kiitos!

In the verge of 2010 I am back home in Helsinki Finland and I feel complete happiness about my life. 2009 was amazing year... and 2010 will be even better with all the friends, courage and knowledge I've been lucky to gather this previous year. And Bye! Thank you for following my journey in Malaysia. See you soon again!

Happy New Year !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment