Friday, October 2, 2009

No Durians to Metro

It was finally time to go to my Visa extension trip to Singapore. There in the middle of China Town a camera shop seller made an offer I couldn't resist : "You're my last customer for the evening so I'll make an special offer". With more experienced Camera shopper, Veera, I was able to calculate that the offer was indeed a good one. So I left that shop as an owner of a beautiful SLR camera. Finally I was again able to capture moments, images and feelings with a natural extension of my self: my own camera.
The next day we headed up to the Singapore Zoo which might just be the coolest Zoo I've ever visited (I'm sorry Korkeasaari - the Helsinki Zoo! I like you as well but it is hard to compete with Orangutans and Polar bears). The animals looked relaxed and happy and the overall design for the people's gages was very enjoyable. The park was built like a theme park with lots of jungle and greenery.

The polar bear youngster Inuka is a genuine Singapore Zoo native.
Orangutan family.

"Pylly vasten pyllyä/ Pum pum"
Sleeping kitty.
Don't get too close to the animals!
But I guess wooden ones are ok.
Serious fish.
Baboons.
In the Zoo even this flower looked animal-like. Do you see a cat face?
More baboons.

Tapir.
Back to the human Zoo meaning the city itself. Near the Marina people had a handy way of drying their clothes.
The paradise view from the beach.
Mitsubishi transportation in the Little India.
The big Indian festival Deepavali is coming up. It's on the 17th of October. That's why the Little India is decorated with colorful lightings and decorations.
Here is the awesome people experiencing the Singaporian city night with me: Veera from Finland, Helena from Canada and Bryan from Singapore.
Little kittens made cute appearances everywhere. This fellow we met on our way back to the hostel.
Singapore is a fine city. This is the legendary country where for example eating gum is prohibited. But don't either bike trough this tunnel!

Skyscrapers.
They keep on expanding the city even though the limits of the nation have already been fully reached. Luckily the sky is sky high. Singapore is also building land on top of the sea to push the borders further.
Even when the famous Opera House has been inspired by the shape of durian...

...no durians are allowed to the neat and handy metro system of Singapore.

1 comment:

  1. unbelievable.. you've always taken beautiful shots with your former camera, but now I see that you finally have a camera that matches your visual imagination! The swimming polar bear cub - pure beauty!

    ReplyDelete