Saturday, October 17, 2009

More About Shakespeare

It's funny that there is no more blog posts about my local theater activism. Only once before I've mentioned my most beloved hobby. Twice every week we gather up to practice the skill of acting with Shakespeare's works in the direction of brilliant Chris Jacobs.

Chris also teaches Shakespeare to 14-year-olds at the International Cembaka school and he has asked us to help him. To make the student's see what Shakespeare is about. Cause it is not literature to be read but it is a play that needs to be seen on stage. So last week we, with Kien Lee, Qahar and Nicole, performed couple of scenes from Merchant of Venice and Hamlet. I played the parts of Nerissa (MV) and Ophelia (H). Next Tuesday we'll enter the class room for second time and now I get to be part of the biggest love story ever told by playing the role of Juliet from Romeo and Juliet while Tapai will join us in the role of Romeo. Also Othello will be seen and in that one I am Emilia.

Today Chris asked me if I would like to be in a play that has an opening night on the 16th of December? Of course. Only thing is that my flight back to Finland is on 14th!
*to be continued*

4 comments:

  1. ah, wow! Ophelia and Emilia and Juliet! Nice start, no supporting roles for you, darling! You're the Sun and the Moon of the stage! I wish I could see your Juliet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mitenkä en hokannut ollenkaan tota viimeistä kappaletta? Mutta siis Jää! Älä ikuisiksi ajoiksi, mutta kokeaksesi tuon teatterin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teatteriproduktio peruuntui :/ nyyh. Mutta päätin, koska nyt tiedän että voin, viivyttää paluutani jokatapauksessa sillä viikolla. Jää aikaa reissailuun tai muuhun seikkailuun :)
    Palaan Suomeen keskelle Joulun viettoa 22. päivä.

    Time to perform our Romeo and Juliet is today!
    And you will see it someday for sure. I promise, my dear Anna :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. voi sääli! se olisi varmasti ollut hieno projekti sekin. mutta onneksi projekteja tulee ja menee ja tulee :)

    ReplyDelete