Saturday, July 25, 2009

To Be

I have so much to tell you! But as it goes the more I would have to tell the less time I have to actually do it. 

Now I thought about sharing with you that I've joined a local Shakespeare workshop. We are working on the play Merchant of Venice. I've participated in three sessions already and I am really enjoying it. Our guru is an English gentleman Chris who has made a strong impression on me with his knowledge of Shakespeare and his mechanic acting technique workouts. After every session I feel like I've grown as an actress. Or at least my awareness of my self as an actress and a breathing-moving-being has grown. 

But I must admit it is still a very big challenge for me. I have never done theatre in English not even mentioning of Shakespeare. But I really love it. And the small group of drama lovers with whom I can identify.

In pray you tarry; pause a day or two
Before you hazard; for, in choosing wrong,
I lose your company; therefore forbear a while.
There's something tells me (but it is not love),
I would not lose you; and you know yourself
Hate counsels not in such a quality.
(Shakespeare - Merchant of Venice)

2 comments:

  1. Kyseisestä näytelmästä tehty leffa tuli just tällä viikolla telkkarista! Ihan mahtava pätkä, Al Pacino ja Jeremy Irons pääosissa, mut se ei ollu se pointti, vaan siis ihan loistavasti rakennettua draamaa ja mieletön loppukohtaus! Kyl Sheikki osaa whoa! mitäs roolia neiti vetää siinä? oon pikkasen kade noista tunneista sulle kyl nyt, mur.

    take care chica!! <3

    ~Reeta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voih. Itse en ole koskaan kyseistä Shakea nähnyt lavalla tai screeniltä ja se on harmillista! Mutta on aivan upeeta tehdä sitä livenä :)

    Mulla ei sinänsä ole roolia. Enemmänkin joka kerta mennään eri kohtauksia läpi näyttelemis/Shakespeare-harjoituksina. Pian tosin mennemme ehkä koululuokalle esittämään pari muutaman minuutin pätkää eri Shakespearen teoksista. Yhdessä esitän (tai ehkä se olen minä) Launcelotin pirua. Olen saanut myös treenailla niin Portian, kuin Nerissan, että Antonion reploja. Kivaa :D

    Mut hei halaus! Teillä alkaa pian Kevät! Eikö?

    ReplyDelete