Friday, August 28, 2009

Tea Paradise

Cameron Highlands is a tea paradise located 5h bus drive from Kuala Lumpur. The scenic hills made us all (me and my enchanting traveling companions Missy, Paula and Vincent from the photo below) sing "the hills are alive with the sound of music" while we were wandering along the tea plantations.
They have also beautiful rose gardens with tons of roses and wide selection of other tropic and not-so-tropic flowers.
...and strawberry farms with little cafes selling strawberry milkshakes, strawberry ice cream, pancakes with strawberry jam, strawberry juice etc. and of course fresh strawberries. In Finland the strawberry season is usually in its peak exactly when I have my birthday (in the end of July). So for my birthday there is usually big selection of different strawberry themed desserts but this birthday I didn't yet get to have the strawberry flavor in my mouth, until our trip to Cameron where I was able to enjoy the sweetness of strawberries once again. 
I found Cameron Highland the most relaxing place whit its humming silence and the fresh mountain air. The air was so fresh that I got a cold as a souvenir which wasn't as fun but even still I did enjoy the Cameron experience very much. If my other tea-lover-friends from Finland or elsewhere would pay me a visit I think we should do additional hike to the Camerons once again. 
Once again I'm back in the PT office in hectic KL but I can still enjoy a piece of Cameron with a big cup of BOH tea and "share the Umpph experience" with you guys :)

P.S. My fasting has suffered from some setbacks: 
1st the travel to the place of the most fresh vegetables and tastiest scones with strawberry jam 
2nd getting stronger from the fever cold. 
But now I'm gonna get back to the track and continue the fasting experience at least in some intensity.

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully I'll manage myself to tea heaven. How has the fasting experience been so far? I'm planning a short juice-fast..
    Your drawing is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi elli.. you got pretty good collection of photos for you blog.. nice work girl.. keep it up.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna: Thank you! I started replying to your question here but the answer became so large I decided to make additional blog post about it :) http://elliheartkl.blogspot.com/2009/09/fasting-experience-so-far.html

    Rajib: Thanks Rajib! Will do my best :)

    ReplyDelete