Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Fasting Experience So Far

I have quite contradictory feelings about the fasting so far. The hunger itself is not unbearable but what I hate is the fact that I'm turning into semi-zombie. My brain is turning rather dim during the fasting hours. Like last Saturday in our theatre session the lines of Shakespeare remained behind a foggy cloud for the whole time. It was impossible to learn anything new or memorize even a word. My brain was asleep.  I do also enjoy the calmness of the body and mind but only when I'm not in a situations that somewhat fluent brainwork would be preferred.


Then again we have been feasting with food for so many nights now Im glad I've skipped the lunches so that I've been able to stuff myself with so many different delicious dishes at evening time. There was Hisham's birthday, Merdeka Day, JiaJun's farewell together...etc. There is always a lot to eat after 7pm. 


One more thing that the fasting has done is the fact that I'm thinking about FOOD so much. I've started collecting receipts from friends that I would finally/once again start cooking food! And I do also appreciate the food so very much these days. It is not only a necessity but a luxury of life. And as we know "hunger is the best spice" so when the sun finally sets and the food is served it tastes completely divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment